This unique four-day intensive hands-on course targets at acquiring and mastering skills with modern TRIZ and Systematic Innovation for Business and Management to increase creative and innovative performance of organizations and individuals. The course provides understanding of the basic TRIZ principles of innovative and creative thinking, introduces key techniques of systematic innovative problem solving, and explains how to put these techniques to practice. The course is well suited for learning how to solve non-ordinary problems which do not necessarily require innovation as well as how to produce new innovative business and management ideas.
The acquired practical skills help the course participants to correctly formulate problems, resolve conflicts in a “win-win” way, as well as produce new ideas for products and services based on a guided process. In addition to learning about philosophy, principles of power thinking, and concepts of Systematic Innovation, the participants acquire the basic practical skills of working with a number of key TRIZ and xTRIZ techniques during the course:
- Understanding problems and challenges with System Operator (also known as Multi-Screen Thinking).
- Ideal Final Result (IFR) and problems formulation to target at most ideal solutions which provide maximum value.
- Fighting psychological inertia with special techniques to boost creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Understanding business recourses thinking.
- Solving problems by extracting and formulating blocking contradictions with Root-Conflict Analysis (RCA+) and eliminating these contradictions with TRIZ Inventive and Separation Principles.
- Identifying system/process relationships with TRIZ-based Function Analysis to identify and solve problems in the existing products and processes.
- Building contradiction trees with Value-Conflict Mapping (VCM) to match customer, market and business demands with existing business systems and services, identify hidden demands, and explore strategic evolutionary potential.
- Applying key Trends of Business and Managements Systems Evolution to assess evolutionary potential of current business models and identify strategic directions of business systems innovation and improvement.
The course is based a practical framework developed by ICG T&C during many years of practice. This framework extends classical TRIZ and puts it to the practical use within business and management environments. The course participants work on real examples during the course to better understand the TRIZ philosophy and make it applicable to a broad diversity of problems, products and services.
The course usually hosts international audience and is conducted in English.
If you want to learn more about TRIZ-based systematic Innovation in business and management, please download white paper Breakthrough Thinking with TRIZ for Business and Management (20 pages, PDF).
| WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business managers, business development managers, business innovation professionals, innovation managers, new business product and service development professionals, Six Sigma specialists, creativity and innovation facilitators, team leaders, business process improvers, marketing and advertisement professionals, knowledge management professionals, consultants, lecturers.The course combines both basic and advanced TRIZ concepts. Thus you do not need to have prior knowledge of TRIZ to visit the course.
If you have doubts if the course is appropriate to you, please contact us and we will assess your specific situation.
- Fundamentals of TRIZ and innovative thinking.
- Understanding driving forces of business products and services evolution.
- Psychological inertia and methods of boosting creative imagination.
- Key TRIZ concepts: ideality/Value formula, Ideal Final Result, Multi-screen Thinking, contradictions, problem complexity, problem flows.
- Overview of TRIZ and xTRIZ techniques for business and management, xTRIZ Roadmap.
- Root-Conflict Analysis (RCA+): understanding causes of problems and complexity of problems, extracting blocking conflicts, visualization of conflicts and relationships between them.
- Practice with RCA+ on solving business and management problems.
- Inventive Principles for Business and Management.
- Practice with Inventive Principles for Business and Management.
- TRIZ-based Function Analysis.
- Patterns of System Transformation to eliminate negative and improve positive effects within business systems, processes and services.
- Practice with Function Analysis and Patterns of System Transformation
- TRIZ Trends of Evolution: Business Systems. Overview and practical application.
- Practice with Evolutionary Potential Assessment and Trends of Business Systems Evolution.
- Value-Conflict Mapping to identify future opportunities.
- Practical projects with learned techniques on the customer’s problems; working in groups.
- TRIZ Implementation aspects.
- Questions and answers, discussions.
To get a detailed program and brochure of the course, please contact us
| WHAT YOU GET
- Understanding the TRIZ approach to solving non-ordinary and innovative problems.
- Understanding principles of “power” thinking.
- Ability to correctly formulate problems and generate solution ideas in a systematic way.
- Ability to analyze existing business systems and products in a systematic way and explore their potential for strategic evolution.
- Boosting innovative and creative thinking skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will get a Certificate of TRIZ and xTRIZ Practitioner for Business and Management, Advanced Level.
| COURSE LEADER
Valeri Souchkov, M.Sc, internationally recognized TRIZ Trainer and Expert, certified by the founder of TRIZ G. Altshuller. Since 1989, he trained more than 4.000 working professionals worldwide, as well as assisted over 100 innovative projects in different industries. He conducted training and project facilitation at many organizations, including Capgemini, DSM, DuPont, LG Electronics, Posco, Philips, Reckitt Benckiser, Siemens. He introduced the first public TRIZ training courses in Europe and has been running them on a continuous basis since 1992.
He is author of more than 70 publications on TRIZ, systematic innovation and IT support for innovation, as well as one of developers of modern TRIZ and Systematic Innovation techniques.
He was a co-founder of Invention Machine Corporation, and a co-founder and currently Executive Board Member of the European TRIZ Association (www.etria.net). Since 2003, he heads ICG Training and Consulting as well as runs a full-length (130 hours) course on TRIZ and Systematic Innovation for B.Sc. and M.Sc. students at the University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- Price per seat: Euro 2.200,- (excl. Value-Added Tax if applicable).
- Price includes: course materials, handouts, lunches, refreshments.
- Accommodation is not included.
- Prepayment before the starting course date is obligatory. In case of cancellation one month before the course starting dates, we provide 100% refund. Otherwise we retain 20% of the paid fee.
10% discount* is applicable in the following cases:
- Two or more participants of the same organization visit the course.
- A course is visited by an existing customer (individual or organization) of ICG T&C.
- Payment of a course fee will be done at least 30 days prior to a course starting date.
- For full-time staff of non-profit educational organizations (letter of confirmation is required)
* Discounts are not cumulative
Utrecht is a central “hub” of the Netherlands which is is easy to reach from every direction and is situated within 30 minutes by direct train from Amsterdam airport Schiphol.
Upon registration, we will provide you with details of the course location and a list of possible accommodations.
To register for the course, please visit our Registration page
In case you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail or
+31-(0)6-20423455 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +31-(0)6-20423455 end_of_the_skype_highlighting / +31-(0)53-2011174 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +31-(0)53-2011174